Fort Berens Estate Winery embodies the true pioneering spirit embedded in Lillooet's history. The 20 acres of vineyards planted on the sage brush covered benchland along the Fraser River are producing award-winning wines in a previously undiscovered valley, ideal for growing premium grapes. The confident explorers who have invested deeply in this region will plant another 20 acres in the coming few years.
From 170 cases sold in 2009, Fort Berens has grown its production thus far to 6,000 cases. The winery's stunning new building housing a gorgeous tasting room and state-of-the-art winemaking facility has the capacity to produce 12,000 cases per year, allowing them to assist other regional grape growers and wineries in BC's newest emerging wine region.
MUST DO ACTIVITIES
- Taste the Lillooet difference! Discover our selection of award-winning red and white wines.
- Get lost in the breathtaking views of our vineyard and the coastal mountain range from our wine shop.
- Discover the winemaking process from grape to bottle, in our working winery.
- Bring a picnic lunch and soak up the sunshine from our patio.
- Check out our selection of gourmet food products including salsas, BBQ sauces and rubs