8th Annual Winemaker’s Cup at Big White Ski Resort
Okanagan // Central Okanagan // Big White
The 8th Annual Winemaker’s Cup at Big White Ski Resort
Kelowna, B.C. The organizers of the Cellar-Tek Winemakers Cup announced today additional details for the eighth annual festival. The Festival was created and organized as a non profit partnership between Cellar-Tek, Black Hills Estate Winery, and Big White Ski Resort. Its sole purpose is to foster friendships and camaraderie amongst members of the Wine Industry in a non-competitive, non-political environment in the fresh mountain air whilst enjoying the drinking of numerous libations! It is also the World’s only annual ski & snowboard challenge weekend for the wine industry, and it is taking place in Big White, B.C. on the March 27-29, 2015 weekend.
“We are pleased to announce ten great new developments that give the wine industry 5 more great reasons to come up to Big White and be part of this funfest” said Pauline Gagnon, Event Coordinator of the Winemakers Cup”
5 great new reasons you should come and enjoy the fun & festivities at
Big White on the Mar. 27-29 weekend:
1. Lots of new Activities for non-skiers!
Don’t ski or snowboard? No worries. You can now have tons of fun with all the parties going on without ever going up on the ski hill! Snowbunnies unite!!!!
2. Incredible turnout by industry!
In 2014 we had over 100 participants from the Wine Industry join us for some part of the fun. Come out and rub shoulders with your peers while enjoying a fun, unpretentious networking event.
3. Sparkling Saber-fest event!
Join us on Friday night for a FREE party while we saber numerous bottles of the B.C. bubbly at Six Degrees! It is amazing the fun you can have opening a bottle of sparkling with a sword, or a ski, or various kitchen implements and then sharing the drinking of it with your new wine industry friends!
4. Incredible discounts on hotels!
Great news! The Inn at Big White is offering a special deeply reduced price for Hotel rooms on the weekend of the event for only $119.00 per room, with a maximum of 4 people per room. If you are able to stay for two nights or longer, you can get a 20-25% discount on accommodations on the mountain.
5. Free transportation!
from the Okanagan Valley is now available on the Fun Bus courtesy of Unveil Shuttles from South Okanagan. They will pick you up anywhere along the way from Osoyoos to Kelowna. Only 20 spots available. First-come, first served!
Official Sponsors announced!
It was also announced today that the following companies have now come on board as official sponsors: Cellar-Tek
The Field Guide
Grapes 2 Wine
The generous support of these sponsors is going to enable this year’s Winemakers Cup to be the best ever!!!
We encourage anyone in the Wine Industry to come out and join us for the FUN!!!
Summary of the events for the 2015 Winemakers’ Cup:
Friday March 27, 2015. 8 pm: Big White Ski Resort
• FREE Sparkling Saber-fest at Six Degrees. Come and try your hand at Sabreing a bottle of B.C. bubbly while partying with your wine industry peers.
Saturday March 28, 2015 Daytime: Big White Ski Resort.
• Join us for a fun day on the slopes or on the deck enjoying the sun. There will be a fun dual-slalom ski race on the Big White Hill with prizes being given out to Top Skier (Male & Female), Top Snowboarder (Male & Female), Top Telemarker, Best wipe-out and Worst times (Male & Female) as well as prizes for any kids that enter.
• Registration starts at 9 am in the Conference room at the Inn at Big White. . Race Starts at 11 am. BBQ & Hanging out in the Sun at 1 pm at Sante Bar & Grill. Free skiing or Après skiing all afternoon long.
Saturday March 28, 2015 Night time: Big White Ski Resort
• 6:00pm-7:00pm Happy Hour! Come and rub shoulders with your favourite Winemaker or wine personality. Held at the Moose Lounge in the Happy Valley Day Lodge. Bring your own wine and share with your wine industry friends!
• 7:00pm- 9:30 pm Winemakers Cup Dinner & Awards Presentation. Includes a gourmet buffet dinner, wine pairings, trophy & awards presentation and the screening of the hilarious “Agony of Defeat” video. Cost for dinner is ONLY $50.00 per person (includes tax, gratuities and wine). Takes place at the Moose Lounge in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
• 9:30pm-1:00 am, The After-Party featuring dance music at Sessions Night Club. Enjoy great tunes and great times. No cover and Cash Bar.
Sunday March 29, 2015
• Free to check out, Ski and Snowboard and do whatever you want.
For event tickets and information:
Please call Pauline or Tasha at (250) 498-0666. If you’re interested in the race, spots are available right up to race day. For information on Big White Ski Resort go to bigwhite.com.
For information on accommodations, please call:
Big White Central Reservations Ltd Direct Line: (250) 491-6174
Toll Free: 1 (800) 663-2772
Fax: (250) 491-6122